Cumberland Cross – Carl Strommen Jungle Fantasy – Anonymous – arr N Iwai Oblivion – Astor Piazzolla – R Longfield Rest – Frank Ticheli Carmen Suite – Georges Bizet – arr J Bullock
Folk Song Suite – Ralph Vaughn Williams
Irving Berlin Showstoppers – Irving Berlin – arr J Higgins The Hounds of Spring – Alfred Reed
This was a hugely successful event! We had over 50 in the band and played our Sunday concert to an audience of well over 100!
NZCBA BAND WEEKEND October 2017
Musical Director: Errol Moore. Held at Point Chevalier School in Auckland.
- Things That Go Bump In The Night: Arr Jay Bocook
- William Byrd Suite: Gordon Jacob (Mvt I and VI)
- Russian Sailors Dance from The Red Poppy: Rheinhold Gliere arr Paul Lavender
- Hary Janos Suite (Mvt I, III, IV)
- Shake Rattle and Roll; Charles Calhoun arr Zane Van Auken
- Someone to Watch Over Me (Vocal or Eb Alto Solo): Gershwins arr Warren Baker
- State Street Stomp: Bramwell Tovey arr Michael Brown
The NZCBA Band Weekend 2017 was made possible with generous support from:
2017 (May) – New Plymouth
Hosted by The Great Taranaki Steam Band. Musical Director: Errol Moore.
2015 – Taupo
2014 – NZCBA Senior Band: Hamilton
Musical Director: John Snowling