The New Zealand Concert Bands Association was incorporated on 13 October 1986 in Auckland. It was organized for the purpose of promoting the musical and educational significance of bands and is dedicated to the attainment of a high level of excellence for bands and band music.
The association’s constitution includes the following objectives:
- To promote the knowledge and love of music and good fellowship among members of concert bands throughout New Zealand
- To assist in furthering musical education among concert bands and members of concert bands throughout New Zealand
- To encourage and assist the formation and progress of junior concert bands or learners’ classes
- To engage persons of recognized ability to undertake the coaching and training of concert band conductors and the advancement of concert band music generally
- To advise and support new bands by mentoring
- To promote and assist in the promotion and control of national and local concert band festivals, ensuring that all such festivals are conducted under a uniform set of regulations
To view current members of the exec committee click here.